Monday, December 17, 2012

Old is the New | House

Hello!  HELLO!
 
I know, I KNOW.  It's been way too long. 
Way.Too.Long. 
Thank you to all of you who keep checking in on me, and encouraging me to keep in touch.
 
I've had a lot going on the last few months (like everyone else, I know), but I wanted to catch up with you guys and get my blogging self back together.  I should probably wait until after the holidays, but hopefully I will be blogging on the (more) regular. 
 
Today is literally the first day in MONTHS that I have totally to myself.  I don't have to pack/unpack, organize, or run errands.  I'm even ALMOST done shopping and wrapping for the holidays! 
 
To catch you up, I've moved in with my fiance and his two amazing daughters into this crazy adorable, quirky house!!
We are so in love with this place. 
It was built in 1800, and is the oldest house in a quaint little town on the Connecticut shoreline.  It is absolutely full of nooks, crannies, and quirks. 
(There isn't a level floor, or straight line in the house!) 
 
We are just steps from the beach, which I can.not.wait to enjoy it this summer. 
 The season, however, hasn't stopped up from exploring. 
 
It has been cold, wet and downright nasty, but yesterday cabin fever set in and we had to get out.  The beach was (understandably) deserted and we took advantage of that and let the kids and dogs run free.
 
Who am I kidding??
This is what it really looked like when we got back from the beach, as we all made a mad dash for dry clothes and hot chocolate.
 
There are too many things I love about this house to share in one post, so
I will be sharing some more of my favorite things in the upcoming days, and I'm sure, months as this place gets pulled together.
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Wow, hey friend what great news! I am so happy for you and yours. I look forward to the New Year and to hearing all about your "new" life!

    Blessings,

    Shon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided that in your spare time you need to research your house and find out who has lived in it before you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually know...it's been in the same family since it was built!

      Delete
  3. That looks like a magical old house. From the nothing I knew of you in Sydney as blogging friends to now having a quirky old house on the shore sounds like a whirlwind romance and a happily ever after to me. Do you follow http://www.abeachcottage.com/? She is an English Expat Mom with a family who relocated to the northern beaches of Sydney... It seems to me you two have similar soulful qualities and that you would enjoy reading her blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to check it out now!! Thank you! So so glad you're "back". When are you going to start chronicling your NYC adventures?

      Delete
  4. I'm going to check it out now!! Thank you! So so glad you're "back". When are you going to start chronicling your NYC adventures?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...